To Be Edited: Emotions Log 10/10 - ?
While I am still being positive and am in this good headspace, I am realizing that this positive feeling is fleeting for me and I should be actively trying to hold onto this feeling. It is the most at-peace I've felt recently. This morning as I was wrapping pizzas alone at my job, I practiced giving myself space to feel emotions. During this time, I recapped the day before and went through the different [arts of my day one by one and reviewed how I felt. I tried not to overanalyze how I felt, just looked at what made me feel that way, how I dealt with it and how the event turned out. Without further adieu, my emotions log for 10/9/2018:
Morning:
Dreadful - Had to do homework; went to the post office and had a bad experience
Midmorning:
Cheerful - Went to Starbucks (the barista was nice, had a good experience)
Productive - finished a lot of my homework early in the day, scored medium-well on my online quiz
Admiring & Peaceful- Listened to Live Planted for the first time and found that a lot of the topics I listened to that day resonated with me
Early Afternoon:
Breezy - Walked around the mall to stretch my legs; practiced not buying the things I wanted; got some good Christmas gift ideas
Mid-Afternoon:
Stressed out - Came home, spoke with Nani; cleaned out my car; showered; did more homework
Emotionally Confused - Spoke with Dom
Evening:
Stressed out - Planned to go to Carolyn's the following evening; went out for Chris's birthday to a BBQ restaurant; spoke about Jack's car at dinner, dinner was not very good
Late Evening:
Happy - Tummy was full; Chris opened her presents; I made cookies & looked through her vegan cookbook & picked out recipes
Hopeful: Jack & I had a pleasant conversation about school topics
Night:
Tired & Calm - Spoke with Rho on the telephone until I slept
Yesterday (10/9/2018) had a lot of different emotions. I remember the day being pleasant and the dinner being unpleasant. How can I change this?
1. Work more on giving space for my emotions
2. Distance myself from the energy without distancing myself from the conversation (especially if the conversation isn't about me) maybe be a facilitator and maintain the respectful tone of the conversation
3. Suggest a topic change
4. Be cognizant of how I am reacting in the situation presently.
10/11/2018
Morning:
Stressed out - midterms, bank problems, instagram posts
Late Morning:
Relieved - midterm went well
Stressed - still no answer on bank account, have to finish reading for class
Afternoon:
Stressed - Prof held us to the time we are actually out, which is the same time as my meeting across campus
Excited - going to my internship
Late Afternoon:
Tired - long day, lots of stressors
Satisfied - I felt included in my internship where I previously did not.
Relaxed - I came home, realized I didn't have much homework & watched The Office with Jack & Rainer.
Evening:
Stressed - Parents are ordering pizza and wings.....what can I eat? + conversations around the diner table.
Relaxed - watched Fat Salt Acid Heat on Netflix...LOVED IT
Tired - looong day
Night:
Relaxed - went to talk to Rho on the phone until I fell asleep
I remember the day being pleasant from the internship inclusion and from FSAH on Netflix
10/16/2018
Morning:
At peace - I woke up to a clean room, was hopeful for the graduate fair today, had ample time to get ready for school; Spanish class went okay (90 on midterm was alright).
Nervous - presented in spanish, it went well tho!
Early afternoon:
On edge - Strange Literature professor doesn't care for me much I believe. We learned about an 8 page paper assignment for the end of the semester.
Warm - spoke with Rho, was hopeful for grad fair
Mid-Afternoon:
Disappointed - grad fair did not have many anthropology departments available
Stressed - the stressful situation of speaking with different representatives from different schools.
Accomplished - finished EXE100 class homework and got a 90 on the online quiz (hopeful!)
Nervous - turned in HON202 paper #1
Comments
Post a Comment